This post may contain affiliate links. See affiliate disclosure here.
Looking for that perfect sweet and sour dipping recipe to compliment your Halloween dish? The Blood and Guts Dipping Sauce is the perfect compliment to tons of appetizers, chicken dishes, and even as a dessert side. This dipping sauce is so good, my son asks for it all the time (Halloween or not!) Awesome with our yummy Barbecue Black Bat Wings
Gooey Bloody Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup regular corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons pectin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring (enough to make it dark red!)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced canned jalapeno peppers
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch paprika
Gooey Bloody Dipping Sauce Directions:
- Combine all the ingredients except the peppers in a small saucepan. Blend well.
- Set saucepan over medium/high heat, uncovered. Add peppers
and bring mixture to a full boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer sauce for 5 to 7 minutes, or until
thick. Remove from heat and let sauce sit for about 10 minutes.
Stir and cover.
- Use sauce when it reaches room temperature or cover and chill
Makes about 1 cup