Make faces on them- funny or scary and watch the fun. These are perfect party appetizers too if you use the small little cocktail wienies. Easily dip-able in ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Halloween Mummy Dog Recipe
Ingredients (Feeds 8-12 kids):
- 1 can (8 oz) canned refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 count)
- 2 1/2 slices (2.5 oz) American cheese slices, quartered
- 10 large hot dogs
- Cooking spray
- Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll dough; separate at perforations creating 4 rectangles; press perforations to seal. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough.
- Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.”
- On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
3 . Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on “face.”