Most people love celebrating St. Patricks Day. With its delightful music, country exuberance and love for the Irish people, the food, and of course the face paint. Saint Patricks day face paint is usually green clovers with rainbows or pots of gold. But many get very creative!
People often paint their faces on St. Patrick’s Day as a way to show their enthusiasm for the holiday and to get into the festive spirit. It is a fun and creative way to show your love for all things Irish and to celebrate the culture and traditions associated with St. Patrick’s Day.
Painting your face with green and gold colors or iconic symbols of Ireland, such as shamrocks or leprechauns, can also help to create a sense of community and camaraderie with others who are celebrating the holiday.
Additionally, face painting can be a great activity for children, helping them to participate in the festivities and get excited about the holiday.
Overall, face painting is a fun and harmless way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and to show your love for Irish culture and heritage.
Saint Patrick’s Day face paint ideas that you can try
Here are a few:
- Shamrocks: Paint green shamrocks on your cheeks or forehead with a white outline for a classic St. Patrick’s Day look.
- Leprechaun: Paint your face green and add red cheeks, black eyebrows, and a red beard to create a fun leprechaun face.
- Rainbow: Use a variety of bright colors to paint a rainbow across your cheeks, forehead, or nose.
- Pot of Gold: Paint a pot of gold on one cheek with gold coins spilling out, and a rainbow leading up to it on the other cheek.
- Celtic Knots: Paint intricate Celtic knots in green and gold on your face for a unique and intricate look.
Here is a simple non toxic recipe for making face paint at home:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 tablespoon petroleum jelly
- 1-2 drops food coloring (depending on desired intensity of color)
- 1-2 teaspoons water
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and flour.
- Add the petroleum jelly and mix until well combined.
- Add a drop or two of food coloring and mix well. Adjust the amount of food coloring to achieve the desired shade.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of water, a little at a time, until the mixture reaches a smooth and spreadable consistency.
- Apply the face paint with a brush or your fingers.
Note: Always patch test a small area of skin before applying face paint to make sure there is no allergic reaction.
25 Saint Patricks Day Face Paint Ideas To Try
1. Cute little Pot of Gold
2.Glorious Green Crown
3. Infinite Rainbows and Clovers
4.Top of the Morning To You!
5. IRish Eyes
6. The Pot of Gold At the End of the Rainbow
7. Rainbow to the Riches
8. Sweet Clover And Irish Eyes
9. A Wee Little Leprechaun
10. IReland Love
12. Beautiful Clover Work
13. Three Leaf Clover of Love
14. Blimey its A Real Leprechaun
15. Sweet Irish Princess
16. Four LeaF Clover Stickers (Plus)
Photo: Stickers From Amazon
Four leaves clover as a symbol of luck is a promising art face painting that will definitely attract tone of attention.
17. Clover Face
18. The Irish Maiden Ready For Anything!
19. Irish Wings And Fun Crown
20. Lucky Shamrock
21. Shamrock Flowers!
22. The Irish Flag
23. The St. Patricks Day Face Painting Mask
24. Kiss My Irish…
25. Easy Saint Patricks Day Face Paint
Saint Patrick’s Day face paint is a fun and creative way to celebrate the holiday and show your love for Irish culture and traditions. There are many different face paint ideas to choose from, and you can be as creative as you want!
Face painting can create a sense of community and camaraderie with others who are celebrating the holiday, and it can be a great activity for children.
We enjoy celebrating with Saint Patrick’s Day face painting and entertainment as a way to celebrate the holiday and show our enthusiasm for all things Irish! Hope you enjoy it too.