This post may contain affiliate links. See affiliate disclosure here.
This is a super fun and only slightly gross Halloween recipe. This Halloween spaghetti dinner will definitely surprise your guests when they see eyeballs staring up at them. It’s all in good fun though, and the eyeballs are actually small meatballs with olives for eyes. It will surely be a Halloween dinner to remember for everyone. This Halloween dinner dish is perfect for little kids as well anytime of the year. Its fun to make and yummy to eat and little kids will enjoy being able to play with their food just a bit before eating it all up!
Gross Halloween Spaghetti Ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground beef or turkey
1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried
1 7-oz. jar pimiento-stuffed olives
1 26-oz. jar prepared pasta sauce
1 lb. spaghetti
1 tbsp. olive oil
Gross Halloween Spaghetti Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ground meat, bread crumbs, ketchup, eggs and basil in a large bowl. Using the meat mixture, form about 30 small meatballs.
- To make the eyeballs, press an olive into each meatball, pimiento side out. Place the eyeballs in a baking dish, cover with the pasta sauce, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water. Drain and rinse the spaghetti and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent strands from sticking together. Put it on a platter or in a large serving bowl.
- Spoon the eyeballs onto the spaghetti, irises up, and spoon the pasta sauce around them. Makes 10 servings.