This is a simple recipe that kids can really appreciate any time of the year, but will surely love during the Halloween season as they are a bit on the creepy side. Pepperoni Peepers are like mini pizza eyeballs that everyone will love- my kids sure did and they were SOO easy!!
Definitely fun for kids to make and easy on the wallet as well- its just a win-win when it comes to fun and eerie food for kids to make. Super simple and similar to the Halloween mummy dogs that kids rave about as well and still with a fun creep out factor gives this delightful yet gross Halloween recipe a big thumbs up from us!
Pepperoni Pepper Ingredients:
- 1 can thin crust pizza dough
- 4-5 pieces of string cheese
- pepperoni slices
- marinara sauce for dipping and adhesion
- sliced black olives
1. Separate the pizza dough into 15-20 small balls, around golf ball sized or a little smaller.
- Cut the string cheese into 4-5 pieces and stuff into the center of each dough ball. Seal the cheese inside the ball.
- Lay on greased baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Squeeze a dab of marinara and then place a pepperoni on top of each ball.
- And a sliced black olive for an eerie eyeball look.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through